Seasats is a small but rapidly growing company building autonomous boats for commercial, defense, and ocean science customers. The vehicles we build are strong and durable enough to carry sensors on multi-month ocean missions, but are also light enough to be handled by 1-2 people without cranes or heavy equipment.
Office Manager/HR/Administrative Magician (You’re welcome to help define the title)
$55,000-$75,000 + stock options
Rather than making a highly specific job post asking for x years of experience, we’ve left this post and its salary range pretty broad. If you apply, we’ll see how you would fit into our organization and offer compensation accordingly. If you have minimal work/project experience your offer may be on the lower end; if you’ve got killer experience/credentials you’ll be on the higher end.
- Proactive self-starter with a desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Friendly, upbeat attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to go above and beyond without being asked to
- Customer service oriented outlook
- Ability to lift 40 lbs on occasion
We’re looking for an admin / HR / office manager / magician (you’re welcome to help define the title) to join our team in San Diego. Sound like a lot of roles? It is! Currently we split this work across our management and engineering teams and we can tell you that the job’s responsibilities vary from mundane to creative to absolutely critical for keeping our team running smoothly.
This is a fantastic high-impact, career growth opportunity for the right person and, perhaps, a lousy position for the wrong person. It is a full-time salaried opportunity with benefits (medical, dental, paid vacation time, etc.) and stock options. This person will be asked to do a wide range of tasks including providing support to management, accounting, recruiting, and marketing, so if you can only focus on a single task, are an unhelpful, unfriendly Eeyore, and are an unresponsive, lazy, detail hater who wants to surf the web all day, this job is not for you. However, if you believe you have the qualities listed above keep reading!
The best way of describing the duties of the position would be “whatever it takes.” Since that is rather vague, here are some sample duties you might expect:
- Planning and coordinating parties and fun company events.
- Meeting planning & organization – ordering company lunches and preparing to host visitors in advance of key meetings.
- Keeping the office in order — tidying work spaces, ordering office supplies, cleaning up the break room, refilling printer paper, stocking office snacks and drinks, watering plants, etc.
- Creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Web content creation and posting.
- Shipping – sending out packages & marketing materials.
- Managing marketing materials inventory.
- Booking flights, hotels, etc.
- Assisting in onboarding checklists, running payroll, etc.
- Shaping office culture.
This is a full-time, salaried position where you will be expected to get the job done, even if it means staying a few minutes later or coming in a few minutes earlier. Also be aware that this is not the most glamorous job. It offers a lot of variety and opportunities to learn in a fun yet professional atmosphere, but a lot of time will be spent answering emails, ordering lunches, going to Costco and tidying the office after a hurricane of engineering sweeps through.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Confirmation that you would be able to work in-person at our office in San Diego.
- A short summary of what your last 2-3 bosses would say about you – both strengths and areas for improvement.
- A resume.
- A few sentences about how you heard of us and what you’d hope for in this job.
- Possible start date (or range).
We appreciate diverse perspectives and life experiences and so encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Note, however, that we are currently unable to sponsor employment visas, so candidates must be independently authorized to work in the United States.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.