Seasats is a small but rapidly growing company building autonomous boats for commercial, defense, and ocean science customers. The vehicles we build are strong and durable enough to carry sensors on multi-month ocean missions, but are also light enough to be handled by 1-2 people without cranes or heavy equipment.
$60,000-$90,000 + stock options
Rather than making a highly specific job post asking for x years of experience, we’ve left this post and its salary range pretty broad. If you apply, we’ll see how you would fit into our organization and offer compensation accordingly. If you have minimal work/project experience your offer may be on the lower end; if you’ve got killer experience/credentials you’ll be on the higher end.
- Experience with composite manufacturing to include wet and infusion laminations, bagging, sanding, finishing, etc
- Quality workmanship and general shop skills: measurements, power tools, machining, PPE, etc
- Fast-moving work style: a focus on efficiency and a desire to get as much done in a day as possible
- Project experience
- We’d love to hear about what you enjoy working on in your spare time!
- Communication skills, teamwork, and humility
This is an excellent opportunity to do high impact work, see your products go into live field applications, and join a fun and hard working team on the cutting edge of ocean autonomy. In this role, you will work alongside experienced composite engineers and builders to develop, refine, and execute manufacturing processes for our next-generation autonomous boats. Specific tasks could include:
- Building, bonding, sanding, and assembling Seasats vehicles
- Laminating parts of all types:
- Preparation steps (cutting lamination kits, mold prep, etc.)
- Wet laminations, infusion laminations, vacuum bagging
- Demolding & finishing steps
- Secondary bonding parts
- Creating jigs, tooling, documentation and processes to improve the production process
- Opportunities for on-water testing of vehicles, 3D printing, machining, fabricating
Whether you’re a new grad or a 30 year industry vet, we expect an open-minded learning attitude at Seasats.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Confirmation that you’re in San Diego or willing to relocate here
- Pictures of three or more composite parts you’ve built or worked on
- A resume
- A few sentences about how you heard of us and what you’d hope for in this job
- Possible start date (or range)
We appreciate diverse perspectives and life experiences and so encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Note, however, that we are currently unable to sponsor employment visas, so candidates must be independently authorized to work in the United States.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.